Last year we spent Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house. As the dessert was passed around I took a small piece of, what was being called, Cheese Cake Bars. They didn't look like Cheese Cake but I was polite and took a piece. After one bite I regretted my decision in taking one piece and not taking the whole plate! I found out my niece had made this before in one of her homeschool co-op enrichment classes that my mom had taught. I promptly asked for the recipe and found out the cake is lovingly referred to as Good Cake. Although Little Bo Peep calls it GoodGoodGoodGoodGood Cake!
- 1 package butter cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (4oz), softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 box confectioners' sugar (1lb)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg and pat into 9x13" pan.
- Mix sugar, 3 eggs and cream cheese and pour on top of the crust mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F fro 35-40 minutes, or until browned.